Besides the obvious reason that Facebook is one of the most popular websites in the world, there are many other justifications why you should try out Facebook advertising.
• Targeted Advertising: With Facebook, the advertiser can choose the kind of users (demographics, interests, region, etc.) his/her ads must be served to. While other social media sites such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc. also offer such targeted services, the reach is much better with Facebook purely for its number of registered users. Moreover, ad placements for specific keywords are also possible on Facebook.
• Customer Loyalty: With fan pages, businesses or advertisers can sustain their ad’s reach or turn visitors into dedicated followers. Whenever you have a new product, service, or information to offer or share, fans get to see them on their wall pages, with no extra advertising money spent. You may also interact with the fans directly and further strengthen brand image and loyalty.
• Special Promotions: Special promotions are easy to dole out effectively when there’s a dedicated group of fans waiting for your next move. Customers interested in your brand or offering are all ears when it comes to updates and new information.
• Flexibility: Compared to Google AdWords, Facebook advertising is more convenient and flexible – that’s what past and current spenders say. The key aspects being extra ad description length and ability to put out picture-based ads.
• Increased Engagement: Facebook users are likelier to not hit the ad randomly. If a click comes through, it’s certainly a keen user. This means better ad visibility and also a better retention rate.
• Multiple Choices: The ad creator has the choice between CPM and CPC pay structures. This makes tailoring the ad campaign or customizing it as per your preferences much easier.
• Inexpensive: The cost factor probably should have been at the top. Facebook ads are known for their inexpensiveness. And the targeted features of Facebook advertising ensures you reach the right audience at a much lower cost. The range of impressions permitted for the budget is also quite wide, in comparison to other similar advertising platforms.
• Smartphone Crowd: With most Facebook users accessing the site on their mobile phones, the likeliness of reaching more people through their phones is high.